firstname.lastname@example.org (910) 494-6666
All Registered Adult Scouters from Cub Scouts, Scouts BSA, Venturing, Varsity and Sea Scouts, who meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Be a registered adult of the Boy Scouts of America, or a youth over the age of 18. (there is no minimum tenure requirements).
- Have completed the basic training courses for their Scouting position (Scoutmaster/Cubmaster/Den leader/Committee Member/etc.).
- Have completed the outdoor skills training programs appropriate for their Scouting positions (BALOO/OWLS/ITOLS).
- Be capable of functioning safely in an outdoor environment. Successful completion of the Annual Health & Medical Record is required for all participants.
This year’s Wood Badge course will be held over a two-weekend period
Weekend One 24-26 January 2020 Weekend Two 7-9 March 2020 .
It is necessary to attend both weekends to receive credit for the “in-class” portion of the training.
Wood Badge will be held on the Camp Boddie side of the East Carolina Scout Reservation (419 Camp Bonner Boy Scout Rd Blounts Creek, NC 27814).
Wood Badge is the pinnacle of leadership and outdoors skill training within the Scouting program.Its purpose is to develop skilled leaders who can strengthen Scouting units in achieving the mission of the Boy Scouts of America.It provides participants with firsthand knowledge regarding how teams develop and achieve excellence, and lets participants experience Scouting through the eyes of their youth members. Participants take part in an active learning process through involvement in planning, development, presentation and assessment.We promise that by attending Wood Badge, you will:
- Acquire a global view of Scouting as a family of interrelated, values based programs providing age appropriate activities for our youth.
- Become familiar with contemporary team leadership and development concepts.
- Experience the stages of team development and practice leadership approaches appropriate for those stages.
- Have a great deal of fun in the company of interested and like-minded individuals.
- Develop a renewed commitment to provide Scouting with the best possible leadership.
The Wood Badge course is built around five central themes, and how those themes fit together to build a high functioning team.
- Living the Values: Values, Mission and Vision.
- Bringing the Vision to Life: Listening to Learn; Communication; Leaveraging Diversity Through Inclusivness; Generations in Scouting; Coaching and Mentoring.
- Models for Success: Stages of Team Development; The Leading EDGE; The Teaching EDGE.
- Tools of the Trade: Project Planning; Leading Change; Decision Making and Problem Solving; Managing Conflict; Self-Assessment.
- Leading to Make a Difference: Servant Leadership; Leaving a Legacy.
To register, visit the East Carolina Council Event Flyers page or register directly at tentaroo https://ecc.tentaroo.com/.
“One of the purposes of Wood Badge training is to get Scouters to think about the practice of Scouting, to meet together, to exchange experiences, and to live together in the spirit of the Scout Oath.”
-Lord Robert Baden-Powell, 1919